Tuesday, December 16, 2008

9 days.


I can't believe that Christmas is only 9 days away and the high today was 78 (and felt warmer)! We went to the park today with some friends and it really felt like it could have been summer - definitely not December! Does anyone else wish it were "cold" (40s and 50s)?

The next 2 weeks are going to keep me pretty busy... Next week I have to work a lot since the other receptionist will be out of town for Christmas. (Tuesday/Wednesday all day, Saturday 8:30-2, following Monday for a few hrs). I'll be exhausted by the time Christmas is here! I'm really looking forward to Christmas this year though....our first Christmas in our house! I'll have to post pictures of the house soon - we have a tree up, stockings hanging (which I made one weekend), wreath hanging to welcome visitors. I told Sam that was what I wanted for Christmas - to be able to decorate and make it feel like the holidays. I'm hoping to be able to make some gingerbread cookies with Adriana this weekend!

I hope everyone is looking forward to Christmas and remembering the real reason we celebrate. I think it's sad when people shorten "CHRISTmas" to "x-mas" or think that in order to be politically correct, they should say "Happy Holidays" (now, I know that's what my background says, but they didn't have one that said "Merry Christmas" and I just thought it looked cute). I'm not sure how much time I'll have to blog as Christmas approaches, but in case I'm not able to in the next 9 days - Merry Christmas to all of my readers.

No comments: