Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Bumps and Bruises

For those of you that don't know, Adriana is 19 months old and has a very independent, adventurous [stubborn] spirit. While some days I think even a boy might be easier to raise, I love her personality and I'm glad she's a very happy little girl. Well, the past week or so Adriana's been having a really hard time sleeping (She's getting a molar and maybe a couple other teeth). Friday night I held her for an hour and then I finally gave up and left her in her crib to hopefully cry herself to sleep. About 5 minutes into the crying I heard a loud thud and then heard her knocking at her bedroom door! I couldn't believe she had gotten out of her crib....it's really low and I can't imagine her being able to get her legs all the way over the railing. So I took her bumper pad out of her crib the next day (I think it should have been out already, but I had never had a problem with her climbing out!) - and she still managed to fall out of her crib Sunday night. I'm not ready to change the crib over to a toddler bed (she would never stay in it). Any ideas, suggestions???? I've heard of putting a crib net up - has anyone used them? For now I surround her crib with pillows and soft things to soften the blow. She usually throws everything out of her crib by the morning, so this is what I see when I go in to get her:



So thankfully, she didn't get hurt from her climbing out of the crib.... Unfortunately, she found another way to hurt herself. Last night we were out by the pool and I looked away for a moment and she apparently grabbed the railing by the steps, tried to pull herself up and slipped off - I heard my mom scream just in time to look and see her go face first into the concrete.... I'm glad her teeth are all still intact and she doesn't seem to have any signs of a concussion or anything (she hit her head really hard - she doesn't have a single scratch on her hands or knees since her head was the first thing to hit the cement). Her head has a big bump on it and her nose was really swollen - hopefully she didn't break it or anything.... The pictures are from about 45 mins after it happened, after I finally calmed her down (ice cream from her papa helped too). It's hard to tell from the pictures how bad it looked, but you can definitely tell her nose is all swollen!



She's acting more like herself today and doesn't seem bothered by it! We're getting ready to go run errands and grab some lunch with my mom.... I'll post again soon about more house & wedding updates.

2 comments:

Kailee said...

wow! poor girl, you can tell that hurt! her nose is huge in these pics! she looks like a different child! it looks like all the stuff around the crib will help soften the blow, except for maybe the basket...that could hurt! Avery had one next to her crib too and after she climbed/fell out I was afraid she'd break her neck on it (literally)! hopefully she'll stop soon and not make a habit out of it!

Shannon, EJ, Gabe and Hannah said...

Oh wow her nose does look swollen and the bump on her head looks painful...poor thing. It probably won't be long until I have to write on my blog about Gabe climbing out of his crib..maybe if I'm lucky he won't LOL!