Tuesday, September 30, 2008

She did it!

Sunday was a big day for Adriana.

She peed in the toilet.

I was so proud of her! I thought that by now I would have been working on potty-training her, but I surprisingly haven't been too anxious to lately. I ask her throughout the day if she wants to go on the potty, but we'll either try with no results, or she's not interested... I remind her though if she does go, she gets a special treat (m&ms or gummies)! So Sunday night I had just taken her diaper off and was about to put her in the tub for her bath, but she was looking kind of funny, so I asked her if she had to go potty - she said yes - I helped her up and after a few seconds she actually peed! I made a huge deal about it and we went and told daddy, got a pack of gummies to eat during her bath and called Gigi (my mom) and told her the good news! I'm not going to start trying to potty-train just yet, but I'm hoping this is a step in the right direction! I'll need to order one of these soon I believe.

Well, Adriana woke up this morning with a cold....no fun! Poor thing hasn't felt like doing much of anything - we had a "fruit party" [I hope this isn't a sign of things to come - but she LOVES to party! She's always talking about having parties - cake parties, fruit parties...] after dinner...she had some oranges and peaches and asked to wear the party hat. Of course when I get the camera, she wants the hat off - don't let the "tears" fool you.. her cold is making her eyes watery!


This afternoon I finally made some pumpkin bread! It's one of my favorite things to eat.... I love pumpkin anything (I've had my "sweet cinnamon pumpkin" candle burning for a couple weeks now).



Mmmm.... can you smell it?? I can't wait to wake up tomorrow morning and eat some for breakfast! Here's the recipe in case you want to make some now:

2/3 C shortening
2 2/3 C sugar
4 eggs
1 can (16 oz.) pumpkin
2/3 C water
3 1/3 C all-purpose flour
2 tsp. baking soda
1 1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. ground cinnamon
1/2-1 tsp. nutmeg
1 tsp. ground cloves
Optional: 2/3 C coarsely chopped nuts & 2/3 C raisins (I don't add these though)

Heat oven to 350. Spray 2 loaf pans with a cooking spray. Mix shortening and sugar in large bowl. Add eggs, pumpkin and water. Blend in flour, baking soda, salt, baking powder, cinnamon and cloves. [Stir in nuts & raisins if you have them]. Pour into pans. Bake for about an hour (do the toothpick test). Let cool slightly (about 5-10 mins), then loosen edges with a knive and remove from pans. Let them cool completely on a baking rack.

I prefer mine cold from the fridge... I wrap it in aluminum foil and keep it in the fridge [it also freezes well if you make a lot].

Enjoy!


P.S. Here's the pear shirt I'll be selling and a dinosaur shirt I made for Jake's 2nd birthday.


2 comments:

Kailee said...

oh she's sick! poor girl! I was going to see if you wanted to do something Friday...but we can wait and see how she's feeling. if she's still a little under the weather maybe we can keep them in the strollers...if the weathers nice we can walk around a park or something! i LOVE the pear shirt!!! and maybe you'll have to have a birthday party for Adri after all...looks like she'll be disappointed without one haha great post, I think I'm going to make that bread next week! :) love ya!

Brooke said...

oh the shirt it soooo cute!!!! it will be so cute on Jake! the trick to Walgreens is only buying stuff on sale with a coupon. i had a rebate gift card i used to pay for most of the stuff too. for regular groceries like milk, meat, etc. when i go to Publix, i use a store coupon from CVS or Walgreens that gives me like $3 off $15 or $5 off $20. if you ever want me to help you with your list one week, i'll be very glad to!!!