I can't believe it's been this long since I've sat down and updated this. There have been several times where I have thought to myself "oh, I'm going to blog about this tonight" and it just didn't happen! Life is busy. but it's good.
A couple days ago the electricity in our master bedroom and attached bathroom went out on us. My dad came over and we tried everything it seemed - checking all the outlets (there was one outlet by the bed and the outlets in the bathroom worked...nothing else did though) to see if maybe one didn't have a good connection...checked the breaker box... Well, we were getting ready to call an electrician tomorrow morning (thank you David - and subsequently Kailee...sorry it happened to be the weekend your family was visiting!) - my mom dropped off a floor lamp tonight so I could plug it into the one bedroom outlet so we could manage for the night. I'm plugging it in and it gets halfway in when the two lamps on my dresser flicker on (they had been turned on when the lights all went out before)! So Sam turned the power off, got one of the new outlets [picture me holding open my cell phone crouched beside him on the floor in our pitch black bedroom], changed it out, turned the breaker on and....there was light! We were so happy it was solved without having to pay an electrician. Did I mention we just bought a new water heater 2 days ago as well because we had no more hot water [it was from 1988].
So that's been our crazy house the last few days.... Before the power in the bedroom went out, I was busy making more shirts. I wasn't able to get any done after we lost power, but I have several things planned for the next week or so - there will be pictures! I'll hopefully be opening my etsy shop shortly... just trying to think through some things and figure everything out. I've been tempted to rent a room to sell things at a salon that my friend works at...it's completely separate from the salon (has it's own door off of the front porch of the salon) and I wouldn't have to sign a lease - it would be $275 on a month to month basis. I just need to take it slow though and think through everything first...
I will be working at said salon (Synergy, if you're local) starting October 28th. It won't be much (Wed. 12-6) and one Saturday a month, as well as whenever the other receptionist is sick or on vacation... unfortunately two of the days in December are the 23rd (all day) and 24th (just until 2 I think). Oh well... the benefits will be nice (free hair!!) and I'll get to see one of my good friends, Lauriel (she does my hair - my wedding hair too) every time I work.
A couple days ago the electricity in our master bedroom and attached bathroom went out on us. My dad came over and we tried everything it seemed - checking all the outlets (there was one outlet by the bed and the outlets in the bathroom worked...nothing else did though) to see if maybe one didn't have a good connection...checked the breaker box... Well, we were getting ready to call an electrician tomorrow morning (thank you David - and subsequently Kailee...sorry it happened to be the weekend your family was visiting!) - my mom dropped off a floor lamp tonight so I could plug it into the one bedroom outlet so we could manage for the night. I'm plugging it in and it gets halfway in when the two lamps on my dresser flicker on (they had been turned on when the lights all went out before)! So Sam turned the power off, got one of the new outlets [picture me holding open my cell phone crouched beside him on the floor in our pitch black bedroom], changed it out, turned the breaker on and....there was light! We were so happy it was solved without having to pay an electrician. Did I mention we just bought a new water heater 2 days ago as well because we had no more hot water [it was from 1988].
So that's been our crazy house the last few days.... Before the power in the bedroom went out, I was busy making more shirts. I wasn't able to get any done after we lost power, but I have several things planned for the next week or so - there will be pictures! I'll hopefully be opening my etsy shop shortly... just trying to think through some things and figure everything out. I've been tempted to rent a room to sell things at a salon that my friend works at...it's completely separate from the salon (has it's own door off of the front porch of the salon) and I wouldn't have to sign a lease - it would be $275 on a month to month basis. I just need to take it slow though and think through everything first...
I will be working at said salon (Synergy, if you're local) starting October 28th. It won't be much (Wed. 12-6) and one Saturday a month, as well as whenever the other receptionist is sick or on vacation... unfortunately two of the days in December are the 23rd (all day) and 24th (just until 2 I think). Oh well... the benefits will be nice (free hair!!) and I'll get to see one of my good friends, Lauriel (she does my hair - my wedding hair too) every time I work.
Well, sorry this has been so long and (probably) boring. Just thought I would update with all the new things going on... I'll post pictures soon of my latest projects. It's also my birthday Sunday, so I'll post birthday pictures next week - we're celebrating all weekend long! Tomorrow with my family and Sunday with Sam's family...should be a lot of fun! Can't post without a few pictures...this is how I started off my birthday weekend - park this afternoon with my big girl (and Gigi). I'm loving this cooler weather!
this bird will soon have a red eye, once i find the right button..then the shirt will be complete!





No comments:
Post a Comment