Friday, July 24, 2009

1st Anniversary!

It's hard to believe that a year ago on Sunday (26th) we were married! We've had some bad days, lots of good days and have made so many memories the past year. I love my husband more every day and look forward to many more years together!! Kelly's Korner was having a "Show us your life - Wedding Dress" today and it couldn't be more timely with our anniversary in 2 days.

I scanned some bridal/wedding pictures and I realize they have a copyright, but they're all I have (one more year and then I can purchase the copyright!).... so I hope it's ok! I absolutely LOVED my photographer and have recommended Jonathan Allain to everyone I know getting married. Jonathan & Suzy (his wife - photographs with him) were so much fun to work with and are SO very talented.

I knew what I wanted my dress to look like - strapless, lots of lace...unfortunately, my budget would not allow for the one I wanted. I eventually was able to find one that I loved though :)
So here are some pictures from my wedding day (next week is wedding party and flowers and I'm going to try to remember to join in on that as well - I love weddings!):



Tomorrow I'm surprising Sam with a daytrip to the beach town where we honeymooned - we love going there and I love that it's close enough to be able to go for the day! We'll drop Adriana off at my parent's in the morning and spend the day relaxing at the beach and just enjoying the time away. I can't wait!!

8 comments:

Natalia said...

beautiful pics!

Ivy said...

I love your dress! So pretty! Your photographer did an amazing job. I hope you guys have a fabulous anniversary!

Tara G. said...

You look like a model! These are beautiful photos!!

Shannon, EJ, Gabe and Hannah said...

Happy Anniversary!!!!!! I hope you guys have a great time tomorrow! The pics are beautiful

Anonymous said...

How did I JUST find this blog?? I thought the Willow Lane was the only site you had, and kept looking there for news! Oh well...here I am now! If I had read this I would have known about your trip to Raleigh and Penn. and Savannah, etc. I'm a little slow...blame my advanced age!!
Love your Psalm quotes. (I love the NLB version!) Thinking about that little baby being so delicately formed inside you is just amazing. I have little Gracie's name written beside those verses in my Bible. He IS in control!!!
Love you!
Aunt Joy

Dawn said...

Congrats on making it a year! My husband and I are also getting close to one year as well. Your dress is stunning! I love that style and your photographer did a great job!

Smitten Design said...

Jessica- beautiful pics...Micah Heller actually did our sunroom {and kitchen}. We ordered the windows from Pella and he trimmed and installed them. I'd give him a call because he's wonderful to work with. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Rachel said...

Jessica, I am just now finding your blog as well and your wedding pictures are absolutely BEAUTIFUL!! Where did you get married? I recognize the garden pics, but what church? You were a beautiful bride!!