Saturday, July 18, 2009

A name.




My stomach doubled in size while I was away on my trip! I'm 29 weeks today and the time is starting to fly by...I can't believe I'm in the 3rd trimester already. We have a lot to do to prepare for her arrival, but at least she has a full name now - Soraya Cadence. Adriana will be calling her Soraya Riley though, as she refuses to like any other middle name for her. Riley was almost Adriana's middle name - when her first name wasn't Adriana...and it was going to be an option for this girl's name, but not with Soraya. Adri's just stuck on Riley and when you ask her what Soraya's middle name is, she says "RILEY!" - I told her she can call her this and she was very happy about that.

Soraya's crib bedding will hopefully be on it's way soon and I'm really wanting to get the nursery put together in the next several weeks, so I'll try to post pictures of my progress! Poor Sam's getting kicked out of his office...

As for the doctor's appt yesterday, we didn't really learn anything new like I was expecting to. We got to see her sweet little face (they always do 4-D ultrasounds when I go) and her little hands and feet (she likes to have them right up in her face)...she kept putting her fingers in her mouth and she opened her eyes for us at one point! So just please keep praying for our sweet girl. The doctor said everything else looks great and that doctor's will want her for their "before and after" since she'll have great results (should be easy for them to correct with surgery and you'll never know she had it). I'm a little nervous since the doctor has said that there's a possibility to have preterm labor when your child has a cleft palate - so please pray this doesn't happen....we're not quite ready for her to be here yet!

2 comments:

Ivy said...

Love the middle name Cadence!! So pretty:) I will continue to keep ya'll in my prayers.

L. said...

Lucky girl--you get the good ultra-sound everytime ;)
You picked my favorite name combo....I think it's hilarious that Adri is calling her something else...