Monday, December 3, 2007

I've been busy!

A couple times in the last week or so I've thought to myself "oh, I need to go blog!", but then something else comes up or I forget... but now I have a reason to update! I've finished one of my first sewing projects - and I'm very proud of it! I must admit, my mom helped me a lot - she told me exactly what I needed to do (even though I had a pattern...how am I supposed to know how to "backstitch" and the difference between "basting" and "topstitching") and she would start the first quilted line so I could watch her do it.... I definitely couldn't have made it without her supervision and advice, but now that I've done it, it doesn't seem so bad! So what is it that I made? Well, tomorrow is the Christmas office "party" (lunch catered at The Wharf) and we're doing a secret santa gift exchange....so I got a gift card for Bath & Body Works and to add a personal touch, I made a sleeping mask (because I couldn't live without mine, and well...it looked easy!). The fabric is by Amy Butler, a favorite of mine. I had a hard time getting good pictures of the finished product - I think it looks much better in person! I tried pictures with a flash (the colors looked a little washed out and too bright) and without (the coloring isn't completely accurate). I'll stick with the ones without the flash - here are some and I'll add the rest to snapfish soon, if not tonight.

Also, I've been working on a blanket for Adriana - my mom's been helping me with that too :) She convinced me to tie it, instead of doing some machine quilting, so I've finished that part of it....tomorrow I hope to get the binding on and it should be done! Adri already loves it....she had so much fun rolling around and snuggling with it tonight before bed - I had to take "a few" pictures!

In other news, we had a great Thanksgiving and I am very thankful that I'll be done with my classes in about a week!! Looking forward to Christmas (and cooler weather) :)


The beginning stages of the flannel blanket... it has a pink flannel back ("backing" is the correct term, I believe).


Closer up....


Almost finished - yay!


She loves pulling at the little strings where it was tied

For more pictures of her being silly tonight and rolling herself up in the blanket, check out snapfish :)


How the gift will appear (minus the gift card under the ribbon)....kind of hard to see in the box.


This is the back....you just tie the ribbon - I thought about doing velcro, but decided to just do it as the pattern said, but I may try velcro with my next one.


The front side of the eyemask (the color looks funny in the picture...it's a much prettier shade of green).


A closer up of the front....you can see the pink stitches a little better.


Last one! Closer up of the back...

I'll put the rest up to snapfish and I should have new ones to put up soon of the finished blanket.

By the way, does anyone know why my pictures show up so small on here now?? I don't know what I did, but they used to be much larger...

1 comment:

Shannon, EJ, Gabe and Hannah said...

Too cute!! I love the blanket and the mask is really cute too...looks so professional :-)You'll have to show me how to do all this stuff!