Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Bathtime drama!

Just a quick update before we sit down to eat....I know I won't have much time the rest of the night with bedtime and then studying to do! As you may know, I took Adriana to the doctor about a week ago to get her bottom looked at...turned out that it was a skin tag, and nothing major (just uncomfortable!). One of the things the doctor said to do to help soothe it was to get Aveeno Bath and let her play and soak in it for a while. Well, I kept forgetting about it, but I tried it the other night.... When I put it in the running water it was almost like a mild bubble bath and I thought she would like playing with the bubbles. I couldn't have been more wrong! She started screaming like she was in pain when I put her in the water, so I checked the water....barely warm - so I let the water out and ran new water in case she was afraid of the bubbles - then figured she must have just wanted to play and didn't want to sit still for her bath (she screamed through the entire, long, agonizing 2 minute wipe-down).

At her next bath (minus the Aveeno) she screamed the whole time too, refusing to sit down and was shaking like she was afraid of the bath.... and last night I tried to slowly get her used to a bath again, with her standing in the tub for about 5 minutes before she would sit down (and then she was still very timid and wouldn't move). She used to love her baths, so I have no idea what's going on or what to do about this! Hopefully she will get past this soon....and I won't be trying the Aveeno again any time soon.

Adriana's cold is better and she's very happy and active when she's not taking a bath. She got a package from her uncle Mark today :) He sent her a doll and a drawing from his trip to Mexico during Christmas...Enjoy the picture from this afternoon! School is keeping me busy this week (and will be next week as well), so this will probably be the last post for a little while!



No comments: