Saturday, August 30, 2008

What we've been doing....




















Since Sam's in Destin for the weekend to visit a friend, Adriana and I joined my parents at TCBY last night for some ice cream. If you can't tell, Adriana loves it (and having her picture taken).



Also, I've been busy trying to applique some shirts for Adri. My inspiration came from here - my creations won't look near as cute as that camper. So far, this is what my weekend's looked like...


*Sorry for the poor picture quality - I was sewing late into the night....

my fabric finds this week.... I got enough of the fruit fabric and green polka dot to make a dress/skirt or shirt for the babe, as well as plenty of appliques.


These shirts are all I've done so far... I have many more ideas for this weekend, but I want to finish these up tonight first. I had to stop stitching the giraffe on because I made a mistake and will need to take some of the stitching out... so they're not done and far from perfect, but here they are!





The owl's not switched on yet - only ironed - he looks crooked in the picture, but he's not. I'll get better pictures when they're complete!

*I'm no artist and these were all drawn by hand, so they're not perfect lines or proportions, but I did my best.


Well, there will be more pictures coming soon! Hope everyone else is enjoying their Labor Day weekend!


3 comments:

Darby said...

Jessica... They're aweome! I love the owl and the giraffe... and did you get all that cute fabric in tallahassee? What about the apples/pears, polka dots... etc? I love it all!!

Shannon, EJ, Gabe and Hannah said...

Good job Jess!! I love the giraffe...that fabric looks similar to the one I wanted to use to make a shower curtain. Did you do this at your moms or do you have your own sewing machine??

Shannon, EJ, Gabe and Hannah said...

Yeah I'll have to take a look at it next time we are over to your house! We should start doing some projects together...it would be fun.