Thursday, January 29, 2009

Atlanta Vaca!

Last weekend my little family of three took a quick trip up to Atlanta, for a much needed escape! The trip was too short (I could spend a week or two in Atlanta and still not be ready to leave...), but it was a lot of fun. Our friends (Sam's best friend and his wife) drove over Thursday night from their home in Destin and we all got up early Friday morning and began the 4.5 hour trek north... 
Friday's agenda: Zoo Atlanta

We arrived around noon and drove straight to the zoo (thankfully we made it one piece, even after the GPS decided to take us through the worst part of ATL and I was wishing my car had tinted windows). Adriana loved it - It was a lot of fun and she keeps saying she wants to go back... I even got her to ride the carousel with me! Some of my favorites:



One of my favorite parts was the petting zoo! I wasn't sure how Adriana would handle it, but I think you can tell from the pictures that she loved it! 


We stayed with my cousin Scott and his wife, Daniela - we don't see them often so it was nice to visit for a short time (only wish it had been longer!). Adriana loves her cousins Jadan & Ava!



Saturday's agenda included the Georgia Aquarium, shopping (I was on a mission to find a Ribba frame for Adri's picture!) and Rumi's Kitchen for dinner (soooooo good!!). We were going to stay that night and leave the next morning, but Sam wanted to go ahead and drive home....so we arrived home around 12:45am. 

So it was a whirlwind weekend, but full of many fun activities! Now that I'm home I've been in a "spring cleaning" mood and am determined to get my house decent enough to take pictures of what it looks like so far.... It still has a ways to go (we're lacking many pieces of furniture and the walls are seriously lacking some art), but it looks so much better than when we bought it! Sorry this is an essay and there are so many pictures...I had some major catching up to do though! I'll try to post house pictures soon...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

you know, it's really frustrating to have a nice house and not have enough furniture for it! :( Paint can only do so much...I am in desperate need of STUFF for my house.
-Lauriel

Unknown said...

You've seen my house! I know how you feel :( We're lacking many pieces of furniture and we've been here for over 6 months! The thing that really bothers me though is not having any art on the walls.... I'd rather have that than a coffee table right now.