Friday, May 1, 2009

April Showers Bring May Flowers!

Can you find Adriana in there??


Can you guess what we'll be doing this weekend? We had a lot of fun today going to pick out flowers at the local nursery! Adriana's been talking about planting flowers all week - I went to Walmart yesterday and bought some peat moss and fertilizer and I told Sam today was the day for me to go buy some flowers, so he gave me a budget and I was able to get 17 plants....a good start! They're just for the flower beds that line the side and front of the house.

We'll (Sam - I like having the pregnancy excuse for this one!) be digging out EVERYTHING currently in the "flower bed" (it's an overgrown MESS from the previous owners) and starting over. I'm hoping to go back either this weekend or beginning of this week to get some greenery and some small flowers to fill in - I know we'll need some more for the perimeter of the house. Then we'll need to get some stones to line the flower bed and some mulch to lay down...and we'll be doing the same thing, making a circle around a big tree in the front yard (I'm sure we'll need to go back for flowers for this area!).

I've been SO looking forward to planting some flowers and adding some color to the yard - the dead azaleas and weeds everywhere are just a little depressing... after the planting in the front takes place I'll be hinting to Sam about painting the front door and shutters (they're going to be a dark green, almost black...I think I decided on BM's River Rock?? Erika sent me samples last summer and I think that was one she suggested - I need to check!). Hopefully I'll be posting pictures of a nice yard soon!!

1 comment:

Ivy said...

I did the same thing on my lunch break today:) Happy planting!