Thursday, September 17, 2009

Coming soon!

We won't be a family of 3 for very long... I can't believe my sweet girl is going to be a big sister! I've been having a lot of contractions this week and especially today and I went to a friend's house tonight - she's a labor and delivery nurse that I externed with in high school. LOVE her! - and she checked me (seriously...who else would say come on over to my house and I'll check you so you don't have to go to triage!)...2 cm and about 80% effaced and baby's head is really low (at my 37 wk appt last Mon. Soraya had dropped to -1, I was 60-70% effaced and not dialated at all)! I know I could stay 2 cm for a while, but I just have this feeling that she'll be here soon...

I go on Monday morning for an ultrasound (Soraya's measuring small, of course) and my 38 week appt, so I'm hoping to make it until then and we'll see what he says. I think we'll be inducing next Saturday, the 26th, if she holds out until then. My birthday is Monday, so I just really want her to stay put until after Monday! We have a busy birthday weekend ahead and I'm not ready for her yet.

I finally have a camera (early birthday gift from husband!), but I'm still figuring out how to use it and all of the settings... so my pictures aren't that great yet, but I'm just so happy to actually have pictures!! Maybe the next post will be a baby announcement...







Soraya's room....halfway done! We have all of the basics in there, so that's all that matters. I made the cribskirt (with major help from my mom since I've had no desire to sit and sew lately!) and while it was a little more difficult than I expected it to be, I'm happy with how it turned out. I'll post more pictures once it's complete (if it's ever complete). :)


2 comments:

Shannon, EJ, Gabe and Hannah said...

Maybe you and Soraya will have the same birhtday! I can't believe she's almost here! I'm so excited to meet her. The nursery looks really cute...don't worry I just finished Hannah's yesterday, just in time for her to start sleeping in there (makes me sad, she getting big so fast)

Meredith said...

I think we share the same birthday, the 21st? And then if your baby is born on the 26th that is my daughter's birthday!! She will be 1. Crazy! The nursery looks great! Good luck these last few days!! I think we might be in the same bible study Tuesday morning? I look forward to meeting you! Happy Birthday!!