Wednesday, September 9, 2009

36 weeks and counting down!


We've been staying busy the past few weeks....On August 29th, my sweet friend Kailee threw a baby shower for Soraya - so much fun! Then my mom wanted my dad, Adriana and I to go to the quilt show in town that she helped coordinate this year. She had 2 of her quilts on display - the one in the picture (one of Adriana's baby quilts) and one that she made for me.

The past week I've been working hard on the nursery, buying all the last minute baby necessities, packing my hospital bag (as much as possible) and trying to get the house clean and organized before Soraya arrives. Hopefully I'll have some pictures of the nursery soon - it's still a work in progress (needs pictures on the walls, curtains, rug, etc), but is starting to come together. Tomorrow I'll be finishing sewing the crib skirt, making owl pillows and sock monkeys for the girls....I want to finish so many projects this week - I feel like I'm running out of time before Soraya will be here.

There's been a change of plans since I last posted... We'll be taking Soraya to the Childrens Hospital of Atlanta (Scottish Rite). It's going to be a challenge driving up there after we get out of the hospital...and then once a week for her NAM to be checked on. I've been hearing so many good things about the surgeon and hospital though, so I hope I'm making the right decision. I'll give more details/info once I know more. Please keep Soraya in your prayers (and that I will be able to handle everything!).

1 comment:

Shannon, EJ, Gabe and Hannah said...

Your always in my prayers and sweet baby Soraya!! I can't wait to meet her, please let me know if you need anything. Love ya