Today at my appt. I scheduled an induction for Saturday at 6am! I don't know if I'll make it to Saturday....but if I do, then that will be the big day! I'm still only about 1-2 cm dilated, but my OB said since my cervix is so thinned out and her head is so low, that I could dilate quickly. So we'll see what happens this week - I'm kind of hoping that I can make it to Saturday and not have any surprises this week, but Soraya may decide to do things differently. I had an ultrasound at my appt. today since she's been measuring small...she's measuring about 35 weeks and I'm 38 - but they said she's about 6 lbs. 4 oz! That's more than Adriana weighed when she was born (6 lbs. 3 oz), so I'm ok with that.
Our first appt. in Atl is October 9th - we have a feeding evaluation and then she'll get fitted for the latham device... I thought she would have the NAM, but found out the Dr. I switched to only uses the latham device. There are pros and cons to using the latham in my opinion - I would have preferred the NAM, but it actually makes more sense for us to go with the latham....we don't have to make weekly trips to Atl. to have it adjusted - but we have to adjust it ourselves here at home (turn the screw once a week to tighten it) :( NOT looking forward to that! Also, the NAM is removable...but the latham is surgically inserted to the roof of their mouth and from what I've heard, it's the worst of the 3 surgeries (worse than the lip and palate repair) - I'm assuming the recovery is so difficult because they're so young (she'll have hers sometime in November) and it sounds pretty painful!
I'll try to keep everyone updated...please pray for an easy delivery and a healthy baby girl. I'm especially worried about the feeding and how that will go -I'm going to have to work hard to get her weight up so she can have her first surgery! Also, I'm really hoping she won't have to stay in NICU as I'm under the impression that she does... We really appreciate all of the prayers - I'm so thankful for all of our wonderful friends and family! :)
Every 2027 Color Of The Year (So Far!)
3 days ago





4 comments:
Jessica, Thanks for the update. I will be praying for you and Soraya. That the Lord will bring you His comfort through all of this, that she'll be a good eater, and that she will gain wait!! Lots of prayers!!!
Praying, praying, praying! I am sure you are so excited to meet her! I am praying for peace, strength, and wisdom in the doctor's decisions for your fam!
We are praying for you and Soraya as well. Know that if she does spend time in the NICU, that they are great!! It is comforting to have someone else worrying about the little things, and to be able to just love your baby. Of course you will worry some too, but everyone I encountered in the NICU was so sweet and encouraging, so rest assured that is nothing to worry about!! We are praying for you and your family!!
I woke up in the night thinking of you last night...praying everything went well today since I haven't heard. Lifting Soraya up!
Caroline
Post a Comment