If you read my blog (if I know you or don't know you - sitemeter seems to tell me I don't know many of you that read!) and you pray, I could use your prayer.
I went to my OB appointment this morning - last time I had gone they were doing the ultrasound where they check all of the anatomy and they were able to check everything except her face...she was in a bad position and was too stubborn to move so they couldn't get a good shot. I went by myself for this one since they were just checking the face and then I had my normal check-up afterward. Well, they discovered she had a cleft lip and were unable to tell me much so they sent me 2 floors up to the Fetal-Maternal doctor for an ultrasound with him...and it's a cleft lip (left side) and pallet. I really don't know much yet.... he was saying all kinds of things and I think I was just in shock and overwhelmed, so I didn't take much in.
I was born with a cleft lip, but no pallet (which is worse) - my surgery was great though. I guess I knew that there could be a slightly increased risk for this one to have it (I think he said it's only like a 5% chance though), but I just never really thought it would happen - Adriana had no problems, so I guess I assumed this one would be the same way.
We go back next week with family to sit down with the specialist and discuss it all... For the 2+ hours that I was there I kept telling myself that it could be MUCH worse and I should be thankful that it's something that can be corrected. It was still a shock though and I'm trying to just focus on all of the positives and am very thankful that she appears to be healthy in every other way - very healthy heartbeat and she's a good size...
Please pray for us as we deal with this emotionally (I was emotional just being pregnant, so today's been pretty rough!) and that we'll find the right doctor/surgeon and that the baby won't have any other complications due to the cleft lip and pallet. Hopefully I'll have more details to share once we meet with the doctor again next week.
Every 2027 Color Of The Year (So Far!)
3 days ago





7 comments:
I love you and I'm sorry that you have go thru this! I will pray for you--your family-- and your sweet baby (and my family will also). It will be OK. Like you said, she is a good size, everything else seems to be fine--this is unfortunate but can be fixed!
-Lauriel
Oh Jessica, I am so very sorry to hear this. I know the Lord would never give you more than you can handle. I will be praying for you and this precious child. That the Lord will protect her and go before her. That he will give you the best surgeons around, that her surgeries will go well and that you will have peace in your heart!! Praying, praying, praying!! May He be your comfort and strength!!!
We will trust in him with this Jessica! He is in control and we will rest in that. Praying for you and that sweet baby girl.
Caroline Ferguson
I am so sorry!!! I will be keeping you guys in my prayers!!
Jessica, I will be praying that you have a peace about everything. Know God is in control and he has his hand on your sweet baby!
Ashley
We will be praying for you and sweet little baby girl! Please let me know if u need anything at all
Jessica, I found your blog through a mutual friend. I believe we go to the same church. I will be praying for you and your sweet baby!
Post a Comment