Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Zereshk polo!


So it may not look like anything special - my camera quality is very poor and due to my white screen (Sam cracked the LCD and now it's white with black seeping into it) I can't see the picture (or any options - can't take the flash off anymore) until I upload it to my computer.... but yesterday I made zereshk polo for the first time! I worked hard on it all afternoon, so I was very glad when Sam approved and thought it tasted really good. I know of a few improvements to make next time, but I still think it will never taste quite as good as his mom's! I've always loved his mom's food, but when I was pregnant with Adriana I CRAVED it so much - and I am again with this one as well... so I'm trying to learn how to make some of her food to hold me over until we go to dinner at their house (which is usually once a week or every 2 weeks - I can't wait for too long!).

I think it's really interesting that a persian dish can vary so much depending on who's making it. I would search for recipes for different persian favorites of mine and they're really different it seems from how Sam's mom makes hers.... I guess that's how it is for all food though! If anyone else loves persian food and wants the recipe, just let me know and I'll post it - I have a feeling most people don't even know what zereshk polo (zereshk are the little red berries in the rice - barberries; and polo is rice) is, but trust me - it's REALLY good!!!

In other news, Adriana has been going to VBS (well, a backyard Bible club that our church is having) this week and is loving it! I've been loving the little break as well - tomorrow, unfortunately, is the last day... she's been coming home with a cute little craft each day and I've loved getting in the car and hearing all about all the fun she's been having with the other kids.

It's hard to believe I'll be 23 weeks on Saturday - the pregnancy's starting to go by faster now and I'm feeling her kick and move around a lot more. We have a first name picked out - Soraya (so-RAY-yah) - but we're still working on a middle name... so far, my favorite is Soraya Cadence. Sam's not really a fan, but maybe it will grow on him or we'll think of something else!

I'll try to be better about blogging...we've just been having fun with friends and keeping busy - I'm loving the summer!
3 generations on Mother's Day!

1 comment:

Ivy said...

I think Soraya Cadence sounds precious! The food looks yummy too!!!