I met with the specialist this morning and he had some recommendations for hospitals - Shands in Gainesville, Nemours in Jacksonville and Arnold Palmer in Orlando....So I think we'll be taking her to Shands for her surgeries. I'll have to take her once a week to be seen to have her NAM device checked/adjusted - I'm assuming until her first surgery (usually around 3 months, but depends)? I'm not sure how often we visit after that. That's one reason why I think we'll be going with Shands....2.5 hrs each way will be long enough with a newborn and 2 (almost 3) year old in the car!
I'll be 35 weeks on Saturday and as of today at my appt. Soraya weighs 4 lbs 11 oz. Please pray that she's a big baby (I never thought I'd be saying that)! Adriana only weighed 6 lbs 3 oz when she was born and I have a feeling Soraya won't be very large either - but I want her to get up to the 10 lb mark as quickly as possible! There wasn't an excess of amniotic fluid and the specialist said that was a really good sign...so hopefully her palate isn't very severe.
We appreciate your prayers as we get closer to meeting Soraya... I'm not ready for her to come yet, but at the same time I want to know how severe her lip/palate is so I know what we'll be dealing with. Only a couple more weeks!
Every 2027 Color Of The Year (So Far!)
3 days ago





1 comment:
I'll definitely keep praying, I can't wait to meet her and hold her!! That's great about the amniotic fluid, hopefully the dr is right and it's not too severe.
Post a Comment