Wednesday, July 9, 2008

The Countdown...

According to our wedding website, Sam and I are getting hitched in 15 days, 8 hours, 14 minutes and some seconds... It's really hard for me to believe. I remember thinking it would never come and now I'm wishing I had some more time - where did it go??

I'm glad I was able to have fun on the 4th of July, as I was looking forward to the 5th of July (my lingerie shower). We had a nice, relaxing day with family...first having lunch at Sam's parent's house so they could see Adriana and then a cook out with my parents for dinner, followed by snow cones and fireworks at Lake Monkey Business here in the neighborhood. Adriana wasn't sure about the loud fireworks, but she did pretty good (especially since she was out until 10pm!). Here are a few pictures from the day:


Playing with candles at her Mimi's house


Not sure.


Hanging out by the pool.


Waiting for it to get dark!



Cheesin' - she loves her wagon!




She was pretty worn out...rubbing her Ellie's tail.



My lingerie shower snuck up on me... It was a small get together with my closest friends (minus a few that couldn't make it... maybe July 4th weekend was a mistake? haha). My matron of honor, Kailee, was the perfect hostess, of course... We all met at Bella Bella (also catering for the reception) for an early dinner and then ended the night at Kailee's house with drinks, yummy dessert and opening gifts. The only blog-appropriate one from the evening:



Kailee, Shannon, me, Lauriel and Sonia

After having such a fun night, it hit me that the wedding will be here before I know it! Kailee and Shannon came to the house today so that we could start drawing up some lists of things left to do and create an itinerary of the wedding day. It's so helpful to see it written out and they were able to think of things that I probably would have forgotten about until the last minute. There are so many things to think about. Just to name a few:

  • calling the Thomasville police to block off parking
  • getting the marriage license for Georgia
  • lunch the day of the wedding
  • toasting glasses & "champagne"
  • cake cutter
  • cake storage/tupperware
  • clean up after reception
  • finding out about a rental car


Hopefully Kailee and Shannon will be able to help me knock out the favors next Wednesday and then the programs one day the week after that... I'll probably be ordering sparklers in the next couple of days (for our send off). I'm still contemplating what to do for numbering the tables. I saw this idea today and LOVED it, but it might be too expensive... I'll have to look into it some more.



I'll try to keep this updated as much as possible in the next few weeks!

No comments: