Saturday, August 23, 2008

Fay, Fay, go away....

I don't know if it's the sound of the rain hitting the roof or the dark, grey skies [making you think it's later than it really is] that make me feel tired and lazy... but I have felt like doing nothing but sit at my computer or in front of the tv the past 2 days. This is not good! Hopefully the rain stops soon so I can be more productive the rest of my weekend - wishful thinking I'm afraid. Forecasters are calling for rain all week...


So our front & back yard looks like a river (Adriana says so anyways)... not this kind of river though.

I'm very thankful to be here, not there.

On this rainy weekend though, I'm loving these items (in no particular order):

Owl Planter - I must be a Chi-O at heart because I have a love for all things owl. I'm not sure why.


I'm hoping to get this fun rug for our bedroom next month - I'm sure it's not the highest quality, but for $68 (and $6 shipping!!) I don't care if it doesn't last long...besides, I don't know how long I'll be loving a zebra printed rug (and then won't feel as bad getting a new one since I didn't pay $300+ for it). All I need for our room then will be 2 nightstands, a mirror, headboard and some art on the walls and then I'll post some pictures!




How cute is that? The price however, not so cute. I plan on making one for Adriana - all you need is canvas, dowel rods, ribbon and a marker, right?? I figure it can't be too hard and won't cost more than maybe $20? (not sure how much the canvas will be, but it can't be too much) It won't be any time soon, but I'll post pictures if I end up making the growth chart.

Now for some art from etsy:




I just made my first ever purchase with this item. Adri loves saying all of the letters and I think it matches really well with the sheets I plan on getting for her. My mom's going to make the quilt that goes with the sheets (a lot cheaper and will be so easy for her) and I'll get the owl pillow and the 2 owls. To go with the trees on the sheets, I thought this would be cute hanging on a wall (with her own name, of course):




I'm also loving this "yellow warbler".


And how cute is she? Though I don't think she would match Adriana's room, I still love her.


I could go on and on with all of the wonderful items on etsy... I could literally spend hours on there (and probably have). I'll let you know how my first purchase goes. More to come soon....I hope everyone's staying dry!

No comments: