Tuesday, August 19, 2008

"I go potty!"

Seems like that would be a good sentence for my not-quite-2-year-old-toddler to say, right? I've been wanting to start potty-training, but have been waiting to see more signs of her being ready...

*She likes to take her diaper off and sit on the big toilet and pretend to go potty
*She likes to go into the bathroom with you and "wipe" and flush the toilet paper
*She tells you when she's gone in her diaper and needs it changed (and twice has told me before she had to pee, but after squirming off the toilet she peed on the floor - why didn't I listen and make her sit there 10 seconds longer?)
*She likes to change her baby's "diaper" and I often find that she's done this:

Well, yesterday I was vacuuming the house and I see her come running out of my bedroom saying "I go potty!" and grabbing at her diaper... so she leads me into the master bathroom (which she never goes in) and the toilet seat lid is down, so I figure she was just playing with the lid... so I forget about it. Later that afternoon when I go in there and lift the lid, I find this:

Please excuse the dirty toilet bowl - I'm aware it's past time to clean the bathrooms.

She's lucky she's cute! I wasn't very happy about her wasting almost a whole roll of toilet paper, but oh well... It could have been worse!

As you can probably tell, she keeps me pretty busy... I've been having fun cooking and am surprised that the meals I've made so far have been pretty good (Sam's pretty impressed too - I guess I don't exude "great chef"). Here are a few pictures from Sam's birthday weekend (his birthday was the 10th). We went to his mom's house on Saturday to celebrate and then Sunday I made steak, mashed potatoes, asparagus and a cake and we just relaxed at home.


P.S. I saw this beauty today driving home from Publix (around 1pm) - he must have been lost. I see deer a lot in our neighborhood late at night, but never during the day...he was right beside the car before I pulled out the camera.

2 comments:

Kailee said...

I saw the title to the post and thought she actually went! lol Well Avery's new thing is flushing the toilet, over, and over, and over...I have to lock her out of the bathroom to get her to stop. Such a waste of water! :/ At least they're interested in the potty :)

Shannon, EJ, Gabe and Hannah said...

She's getting close, I'm sure she'll be ready pretty soon, she's definitely showing alot of signs! I cracked up about the tp in the toilet :-)