Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Needing Inspiration!

I've had a really hard time coming up with ideas for Adriana's "big girl" room... I want something fun and eclectic...a mix of modern and vintage... a room that will inspire her and enourage creativity - right now it's a very empty, boring room. Her walls are a neutral color since I couldn't decide on a color theme at the time we were painting the house.... Besides that, all I have for the room so far are these:


Alphabet print from etsy....Adriana LOVES the alphabet - this will go above a bookshelf in her "reading corner".


Duvet cover...from PB but got on ebay (it's her birthday present from my parents - nothing exciting, but needed!)








I just got the pillowcase - didn't feel like spending that much on sheets (maybe if they go on sale...).


And I hope we'll get this owl pillow in the mail one day....when I ordered it, it said it would be available to ship after Oct. 31st....now it says January 31, 2009!!!!! Maybe since my order was already in, it will still be here after the end of October? I'm keeping my fingers crossed anyways - I guess it can be a Christmas present if it's not here in time for her birthday.

Does anyone have any ideas? I've tried looking online - stores, blogs, etc... I just can't find any cute inspiration rooms that I could actually afford a single item from. I know

I want to get some more throw pillows that will pull in all the different colors... I'll eventually get some more art for her walls from etsy... I need to get a bookshelf to keep her many books organized... She needs a rug for her room (any ideas on what color??)... oh yeah, and she needs a BED. She currently sleeps on the floor (an egg crate and duvet doubled to add some padding) and loves it, but I don't really love the look and it could be a little cold down there in the winter.

I was hoping to have her room ready by her birthday...but I'll be happy if it's looking more like a bedroom by Christmas! I'll post pictures if we make any progress on it. Any ideas are welcome - from friends or random readers (I know you're out there!).

No comments: