Friday, May 9, 2008

A little help...

Since some of you might not know the songs on the poll, I thought I would help you out! I didn't know of them before meeting with a friend of mine (Karina, the one I posted about last time) who will be playing violin in my wedding... she's a music major at Florida State and suggested these songs, along with some others, when I said I wanted some non-traditional choices that might not be as well known. Here are some clips from youtube, so that you can have a better idea before choosing (and won't have to do the searching yourself). Let me know what you think!
Promenade, Pictures at an Exhibition

we're thinking of using that song for my walk down the aisle or the recessional...not sure yet.

Vocalise

could possibly be used for me or the bridesmaids...

Traumerei

again, will probably be for me or the bridesmaids

Salute d'Amore

I'm thinking this one might be best for the seating of the mothers...but it's also an option for me or the bridesmaids

The Swan

I love this one... it might be better for the prelude though.


Other songs on the list for the ceremony:

Meditation from Thais - Massenet

Claire de Lune - Debussy (will be piano only)

May Song - Schumann (this is the nickname. I could never pronounce or spell the real name, so I haven't found it on youtube yet)

Ashokan Farewell - Ungar


My uncle (who is playing the piano) will be adding a couple of his favorites to play for the prelude...

Well, I hope that helps! Antique table and chairs coming soon... and I am still searching for my camera cord.

1 comment:

Kailee said...

my thoughts/opinions: :)

I LOVE LOVE LOVE Promenade, definitely think it's what you should walk down the isle too. I think if you started it before the flower girls walked out it would be perfect. they could walk out to the slower part of the song (the beginning), and it would give them enough time to get to the front, and then you can enter when the song hits the strong part. I think it'd be perfect!

I think the bridesmaids should walk down the isle to either Vocalise or The Swan. My only thought was that they are both kind of slow, I don't know if that would be awkward to walk too. Just a thought...

My first thought with Traumere was that it was kind of gloomy.

I like Salute d' Amore for the seating of grandparents and parents, I think you should stick with that.

I like Meditation and Claire de Lune for the beginning, as guests are arriving.

Ok, Avery is screaming at me to get off this computer, so I gotta run!!! see you tomorrow.